The following are a selection of free articles, reports, or studies about the the U.S. Railroad industry and its workers:
- AAR Annual Freight Rail Industry Report - 2015
- America's Rail System - 2011
- Duke University Report on U.S. Rail Manufacturing Industry
- Economic Policy Institute (EPI) Reports on Labor Unions
- Federal Railroad Administration Studies & Reports
- High Speed Rail in America - 2050
- History Engine
- NARP Vision for the Future of Rail in the U.S.
- New Ways to Organize: Social Media, the Labor Movement, & Working Families
- Railroad Maps: 1828-1900
- Journal of Commerce – Articles on rail traffic, volumes, jobs, and more.
National Rail Plan [Excerpts]
In the United States today, two distinctly different rail systems exist: freight railroads and passenger railroads.
Readers might also want to check out the following sites providing information on Railroad industry traffic, labor statistics, financial reports, and more.
If you know of any other free reports, studies, or data sources our readers would be interested in, please send us the link.